Planning to be in the city this weekend? Want to give a short presentation at one of the world's biggest hacker/maker conferences? I'm helping organize the Lightning Talks Track at this year's HOPE X. All are welcome to present, topics can be on anything relevant / interesting.
If you're interested simply email me or add yourself to the wiki page and we'll be in touch with more information. Even if you don't want to give a talk, I encourage you to checkout the conf schedule, it's looking to be a great lineup!
***update 07-26***: Conference was great and talks were awesome. Besides a few logistical glitches, all went well. The final speaker / presentation lineup can be seen on the HOPE Wiki (also attached below). Many thanks to all that participated!
- Tommy Collison - Students Against Surveillance
- Joel Yarmon - Seed Venture Capital: What I do & What I'm looking for in 5 min or less
- Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn - Tahoe-LAFS
- Mo Morsi - Omega: A Universe Over IP
- Michael Horowitz - Comcasts Xfinity Wifi Security
- MC McGrath - Tools for the Sousveillance State
- Filippo Valsorda - ar.chiv.io: don't lose your (browsing) history
- Dr. Nicholas A. Giovinco - 3D printing of anatomic surgical practice models
- Jim Whitescarver - WikiWorld: augmented reality, freedom is now.
- Stephanie Losi - Bridging the Language Gap: Get Everyone Coding
- Steve Revilak - The Pirate Party: Hacking Politics
- Benn Kobb - The FCC's New 3.5 GHz CB Radio Service
- L. Amber Wilcox-O'Hearn - Protecting the Authenticity, Availability, and Integrity of your Brain
- Matt Singleton - Trust Anti-patterns
- Christopher Clark - Phant.io: Running the Internet of Things entirely on the things
- Erica Owens - Knight-Mozilla Fellowship
- Leena - Ivory Tower Acadamia
- Joanah - Surveillance and Madness
- Tammi - Social Engineering In the Workplace - Improving Patient Outcomes
- Jamie Klinger - JoatU : Community Marketplace & Local Benevolence Currency Generator
- Evan Light - Telecom is Dead: The Handheld Autonomy Project
- Matej Vakula - Manuals for Public Space / Open Source Public Space
- Chris Barry and Colin Mahns - Darkweb-Everywhere project
- Kenji Larsen - Trust and Complexity
- Alex Marthews - How did the Snowden revelations change search engine behavior?
- David Stainton - Operational security practices for international travel using Tahoe-LAFS
- Michael Lee Nirenberg - History of Computer Hacking Documentary
- sixtywatt - Ethereum: decentralized application platform using the Ether crypto-fuel
- Ed Ryan - Tethering over FCC complaints
- Nick Anthony - Homegrown Counterveillance
- David Geib - snow: how address independence gets you transparent end-to-end encryption and NAT traversal, even for existing applications
- topkek - Hackerspace Arcade Nightclub / Transhumanist Think Tank
- Rich Jones - FOSSCAD
- Deepgeek - Retroresponse to cell phone tracking
- Isaac Meadows - The CANbus protocol
- Kevin Panko - Saying Yes
- Daniel - BTSP - BitTalk Social Protocol